- Designation of origin : Valpolicella Ripasso DOC, Italy
- Region : Valpolicella, Veneto
- Vintage : 2019
- Producer : Villa Mattielli
- Grape variety (ies) : 60% Corvina, 20% Corvinone, 20% Rondinella
- Color : Red
- Degree of alcohol : 14.5%
- Sugar content : 1.8 g/L
Producing a Ripasso in the traditional way requires a first fermentation of dried Amarone grapes and then a second fermentation of a young Valpolicella on the skins of Amarone grapes. The Ripasso is aged for 10 months in oak barrels for 80% and for 20% in stainless steel tanks before being bottled.
On the nose, notes of cherries and red fruits, mineral and slightly spicy. A wine of great complexity, perfectly balanced, with smooth tannins.
Serve between 16 and 18 degrees with grilled meats and cheese.