Claude Dozorme reinvents the traditional Le Thiers® pocket knife and its Liner Lock opening and closing system by creating the Thiers ® corkscrew.
The Liner Lock system is a very secure opening system that locks the blade when the knife is open. To close the knife, simply press the spring to release the blade. The blade then folds gently, without forcing. This popular system offers a real comfort of use and a very secure handling.
Thus, the Master Cutler Claude Dozorme was able to modernize the traditional corkscrew by including a real tapered bit of corkscrew on a contemporary pocket knife. This is how the Thiers ® corkscrew was born.
Practical and robust, this knife can be carried everywhere. Moreover, it is an extremely versatile knife. Its double blade (smooth and toothed) offers great possibilities of use. The pins on the blade allow one-handed opening of the knife. Finally, this knife has a real tapered bit of corkscrew. This allows delicately opening beautiful bottles, without breaking or damaging the cork.
Finally, the Thiers® corkscrew is entirely manufactured in the Claude Dozorme workshops in Thiers, the French capital of cutlery. The century-old factory uses X50CrMoV15 steel for the blade. Thus, the knife is extremely sharp and regrinding is very easy. The handles are made from very high quality woods (olive wood or rosewood). Each Claude Dozorme brand knife is the guarantee of 100% French manufacturing and craftsmanship handed down from generation to generation since 1902.
• 100% made in France
• Highly secure ‘liner’ opening-closing mechanism
• X50CrMoV15 steel: excellent cutting performance and easy to resharpen (smooth side)
• Double serrated edge
• Black Teflon-type coating of the knife’s blade and body.
• A purely aesthetic variant which acquires a unique patina over time
• The blade has a unique system which makes it easy to open the knife onehanded
• Delivered with a wrench to retighten the axis
• Clip on the back for the aluminium models
• Delivered in a Claude Dozorme gift box